The white board calendar, a simple way to keep the family schedule coordinated, obvious for the entire family to see, stylish and up-to-date!
Here is the system we use with our white board calendars:
- Color-coordination with the markers – Different color markers mean different kind of events; blue – family, red- work, green – friends…and so on (this color-coordination keeps things from just running together on our schedule – plus we were recently given an even bigger packet of expo markers, which is allowing me to be even more specific with our color-coordination on our calendar – keeps it fun too);
- Change the calendars each month – we generally have the current month and the following month displayed on our white board calendars (helps us stay ahead of planning our schedule as we try to sit down at least once a month and talk through our calendar at least two months in advance, before I fill out the next white board month);
- Obviousness of it hanging where all in the family can see it – this keeps us from scheduling conflicting events;
- Use it as wall decor – the black wooden frames we have with ours match with the decor of our home, so these helpful and very useful calendars are not even an eye sorer but rather a welcome piece of wall decor in our home (got mine at good ‘ol Target) – plus it is also magnetic and you can stick cute pictures, grocery lists, to-do lists, etc. up there too, also very helpful;
- Makes it fun for you to write/coordinate your family schedule – keeping the family on the same (although sometimes crazy) schedule and helping with the peaceful flow of the home, no matter how busy the schedule may get certain months!
Here are a few helpful tools I found on Amazon to help you get started on your own white board family calendar: